Tuesday 25 February 2014

February Happenings

As usual the year is flying by and I wonder what I do with my time!? How can I fit more in? There's so much I want to sew, create, develop and cook! 

My Goddaughter turned 8 this month (gorgeous girl!), my brother turned 40!! We had our 12th wedding anniversary, calves are starting to drop, the garden is happy the hot hot days are behind us and we are looking forward to a busy March (Port Fairy Folk Festival), shearing begins and travels with my cousin in April! 

I'm sewing a quilt to enter in the Royal Adelaide Show this year! To mark the special celebration of its 175th Birthday (1838-2014), quilters are constructing their own version of the 1932 Farm Life Quilt competition! Open to your own interpretation, the idea captured my imagination and fired my inspiration! Loosely based on the original 1932 quilt and using the gorgeous 'Terra Australis' fabric by Emma Jean Jansen, my plan is to use blocks made up of Terra Australis, alternating with embroidered blocks of Australian farming images. 
This is the fabric washed. Wonderful colours and graphics! Stay tuned for the next stage! 
Mickey supervising my vege patch facelift. Scrapings of dirt from the cattle yards full of cow manure ready to spread, followed by sheep manure collected from under the shearing shed, a spray of seasol and finally a new layer of mulch! That should get things kicking along!

One last show and tell! My latest card. Inspired by a challenge from my fearless Stampin' Up friend Sam! 
Again, using the Owl Builder punch to make the rose! Such a versatile punch!! I'm not sure how to rotate it on my iPhone blog, you'll have to tilt your head till I figure it out! 

Tomorrow we are off to a bull sale! These auctioneers are always entertaining! We've got our eye on a couple of strapping young fellas to help our Hereford mob! 

Better stop blogging and get some sleep!! Night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment